Due to a lot of issues, I have migrated away from my local MD - Dr Johnny Depp - and am going back to my former MD an hour and a half drive away.
I don't know what the solution is....but whatever it is....the progress to availability to health care in some rural communities is going at a snail's pace.
![]() |
| Of course, we pay taxes that covers healthcare so "expensive" doesn't really apply directly!But definitely hard to get sometimes! |
The same with nurses. There aren't enough of us out there....and this needs to change.
Our Union - BCNU - is now trying to negotiate with the government to commit to more nurses to improve health care in our province. We are asking Zero increase in wages for the next contract.
If there aren't more nurses added to the workforce....our health care will continue to suffer. Nurse burnout is rampant in all hospitals across the province.
We still love the system we have, we just want to improve it.
More later.
_________________________________________________________
And by the way THERE ARE TWO EGGS IN THE EAGLES' NEST!!!!
TAKE A PEEK!!!

8 comments:
Hoping to hear that this situation is reversing... You have a serious shortage there.
It would be nice to bring in American nurses that need jobs...to fill the void. Will see what happens... The NAFTA agreement between Canada and USA allows for RNs to come to Canada to work fairly easily - if there is a need.
Hopefully the government will declare that there is a need and make it possible to aquire new nurses, whether it be new grads or imported nurses.
does that mean I could retire and move to Canada and work? I was checking out Nelson, but didn't see any jobs. . .
Un-retired, but would like to be retired!!
K-fro
You might have to go further north than Nelson! If you can find an employer who needs you and if you write the exams (they aren't difficult) you could work up here! That's how I came to work in the USA for approx 5 years...doing the reverse.
Here is where you can read about working in Canada:
http://careers.northernhealth.ca/International/ImmigrationApplications.aspx
My question would be why are you are leaving Dr.Depp??? Is is too distracting to have such a good looking doc? Can't you just pretend that you are co-starring in a movie with him? Love the Depp-ster!
I prefer a female doc. Plus she listens to me and doesn't brush me off. :(
Being Depp has made this doc a B lister.....
Checked out the website. . . got to take an exam. Will pursue when I am closer to retirement. . .
kjf
Post a Comment