Monday, July 19, 2010

Paranoia

Call me paranoid but something happened today that creeped me out. All of you that have been following my blog KNOW that I never say anything outside of the FOIPPA and HIPAA laws. I don't talk about patients or my present job even. HOWEVER. Something tells me that there are certain things Certain People don't like mentioned. Namely, *marijuana* - never mind all I posted was documented/researched info - direct quotes - some of it even coming from our Own Blessed Government.

I happen to have 2 site meters on my blog....one public one tells me (you see to the right) who is on and from where- fairly general info with a fun presentation....the other is invisible and it shows me who exactly is on and their IP addresss and a lot of other neat stuff like what Browser the visitor is using, who their provider is, what kind of equipment they have....you know. Everything interesting and revealing.

I usually get -oh, maybe anywhere from 7 to 80 visits per day depending on the subject. Mostly it averages 15 to 40. My comments are fairly boring to anyone outside of nursing, and even then I am probably stretching it.

Mostly I blog about my nursing experience from more than 30 years ago, my Grandmother the nurse, my surgeries and our occupational type subjects from published sources. Sometimes I just comment on other goings on in my neck of the woods outside of work.

Most of my visitors come and go - read one page, then leave. After all, most of my stuff is Yawn material, really. Mostly no one comments. Sometimes I am pretty sure they alight on my blog for only a second and then move on - without even reading anything.

That is - until today. Today I saw an interesting ID appear on my site meter. Big Brother. From the "House of Commons" to be exact. Not just one visit - but three consecutive visits. Then - a visit from the Governing Body for Our Occupation in our delightful province shortly thereafter. Ya - I mean YOU. Hmm. Interesting. Why the sudden interest? It isn't like I am revealing anything new or unpublished ..... or even interesting. I haven't broken any laws. Nothing I said was outrageous.

I know this is a "public" blog. Nothing on here is worth reading anyway. But something makes me paranoid when there are several visits in the space of a couple hours from sources that has the ability to make my life miserable.....and I didn't even say anything that is worth all the fuss.

*RED FLAGGED*.

So...I am sorry to say, I am closing up shop. I will be lurking in your blogs....but I won't be creating any - until I retire. Then I can do and say as I please with no one breathing down my neck - and that, my friends, will probably be in a couple of years. You know, wearing purple and all that.

So, all of you out there, if you had ever read my blog entry "It's a Small World Story"......now you know how true it is. Believe me.

6.5 Billion people are not enough to get lost in.

6 comments:

Rachedy said...

NO!! Come back. If you start a new blog, email me at Rachedynurse@gmail.com

Crazed Nitwit said...

are you freaking kidding me? Since when does Canada have a Big Brother agency? That sucks wide. I really enjoy your blog and I just found it last month. I'm so sorry. HUGS

Nurse J said...

seriously? man that sucks. please accept my condolences. should you ever unretire.....keep me in mind. you were and always will be a great read. good luck with all future endeavors.

hoodnurse said...

WHAT. NO!

AtYourCervix said...

I'm sorry you feel the need to close your blog down! I know how you feel though.

Unknown said...

I am a nurse and my down time at work is finding nurse blogs and reading and commiserating! I am to paranoid to start a blog for just the reasons you have stated here. Sorry this has happened!