I happen to be lucky enough to live in the most beautiful place in the world.
Although people say it is very wet here...I don't notice it much. That's what fireplaces are for! Keeping warm while watching the rain come down.
Most of the year you can run around in a tee shirt or just a sweater. The summers can be hot depending on where you live. In the 10 years I have lived here (moved from Central British Columbia) I have lived in 7 different communities.... and every place had its merits.
The one place that stole my heart was downtown Vancouver - The West End. I lived 2 blocks from the beach and every night you could pretty well depend on a gorgeous sunset. I loved the atmosphere, the people, the salty air.....it was wonderful.
I lived in an old brick building built in 1912. You could put a marble on the floor and it would roll to the other end of the room. If it was too cold in the apartment in the winter you could turn on the oven. If it was too hot, you could open the sliding windows.
It was safe to walk to and from work, which was only a block away. At night you could go downstairs and meet all kinds of people....it felt very small-townish. Every other storefront was a coffee shop or a restaurant - any ethnicity you would want. You could always sit outside the shops and drink your coffee - even in the middle of winter.
I miss those days.
My cousin lived several blocks from me. He overlooks Burrard Bridge and watches the comings and goings of False Creek....looking towards English Bay and the UBC Endowment lands. He still lives there....while I have moved on. This is what he sees:
No comments:
Post a Comment