Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sports injuries and Bad Refereeing: put my Grandma in there!

If I was upset at the hit here, I am even more upset about the hit on Mason Raymond....also a late hit, but the difference is, although the result was a fracture of the spine for Raymond....there was no game misconduct handed out as there was in the other incident. 

Spinal fractures are just as serious as a concussion.  (and btw, they shouldn't have walked him off the ice!And the fans didn't need to taunt him like they did when he was down!) I just don't see why there weren't consequences to that hit.

And when Daniel Sedin was punched FOUR times in the face without retaliation....the ref did nothing.   Sedin kept his sense of humor and when the official stated he was going to do something about the punches Sedin reportedly replied -  "When? After the fifth punch???"

I am starting to think that the referees should have just bought a ticket to the game like the rest of the sods in the crowd if they are just going to sit back and watch and not do their job.

My grandmother could have done better.....and she's been long gone for years.... (sorry Grandma!)



Note the sign in the stands

Sheeesh. I'm starting to sound like a hockey fan......

Dissing the Refs is a longstanding Hockey tradition.  The worse the taunt the better......

One more game.

2 comments:

NPO said...

Love the sign

Cartoon Characters said...

Ya, I thought it was a good one too... :)