Monday, June 27, 2011

Secret Heart

Went camping this past weekend.




Brought along the little guitar my husband bought....it's just a kid's size - perfect for camping  ...and it stays in tune just long enough for one song.  

It sounds more like a ukulele than a guitar - definitely not the sound my Ovation makes....but it serves it's purpose without taking up too much room.

So we lit the fire and started singing. 

Everyone loves music.

It's funny how people are drawn to a campfire and a guitar.

I found that out back when I was fourteen, living in the 1960's and '70's  when I would take my guitar to the beach and sit around the fire playing all those songs so popular back then.

Memories.

I can remember one backpacking trip to Mexico where I performed for an hour on stage in a little out-of-the-way bar in a backstreet.   Guys were sitting on their cars on the street and hanging in the windows.  Couples got up to dance on the 10 by 10 dance floor.

Such fun!

Which brings me to this performance:



Feist.

Singing a song by Ron Sexsmith...one of the best Canadian singers/songwriters out there.

Love that music.

No comments: