Don't you just hate it when Blogger creates an error that wipes out most of a post?
Yes, it just happened to me.
Frustration.
2 hours of time wasted.
So this is all you get:
Photos I took when I visited my folks in November. One day it was fall....the next day it was winter.
Overnight.
The difference a day makes.
The driveway is 700 meters of almost vertical winding road. It's a chore for a vehicle to get up it in the summer, never mind the winter.
My folks (mom - 80, dad - 82) will get out there first thing in the am, before they do anything else and clear the drive - mostly by hand with two snow shovels.
My dad has a heavy duty snowblower that he uses when the snowfall is too deep to shovel by hand, and for someone who has Parkinson's and often almost falls over using his walker in the house......he gets out there and is the first to push it up and down the drive.
THEN he gets the salt and makes another trip up and down the drive. I swear it's the only thing that keeps him healthy because I took the shovel and cleared half of the drive with him that morning and I was out of breath!
I am waiting for a call that they have fallen and broken their hips. They just refuse to call someone for help.
One Christmas we even paid someone to go over there to do it for them, but they still did it on their own.
Frustration.
6 comments:
The photos are beautiful!!
Dads will be dads. We can request, we can cajole, and yet, we will sit and watch them do what they want as they want when they want :)
I suppose they forget they aren't 20 anymore! He barely stays on his feet at the best of times.... :(
Your pictures are just breath-taking. I love each one of them. Beautiful colors and threatening winter skies. You have a great talent taking pictures...unless it was your hubby?
Zazzy: Thanks! And no...I was solo that trip. They are mine! :)
Ohhh can't stand when blogger does that!!! But the pics are gorgeous! What a haven to go to!
Thanks Dana! :)
Post a Comment