Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's : The most Overrated day in the year

I have never been a fan of Valentine's Day. 

It's just another excuse for businesses to sell stuff as far as I can tell.  

I suppose that is a good thing if you have an economy that needs a boost, but not so good if you don't have the money to spend......or someone to spend money on....it's a fairly hollow occasion.

I have told my husband not to bother.  I would rather get a bouquet of flowers this Friday when the prices drop to more reasonable levels....or dinner out when we won't have to fight the crowds.

I don't want a certain day to dictate when to be romantic. 

To me, that's not Romance or Love.

Love is in the day to day drudgery of living - those small things we do for each other every day, the special consideration shown every minute.  It's also an enduring Friendship.

That's what Valentine's is.

Besides, chocolate gives me mouth sores.

Just a little thought for the Day.

2 comments:

kevel88 said...

My sentiments exactly. We took a nice walk around the farm arm in arm, which in itself is very rare.

XO

Cartoon Characters said...

That would be a very NICE Valentine's day! Nothing like Mother Nature!

I ended up making a very nice meal for my husband...scallops in bacon... but then - I would have done that no matter what day it was!