Saturday, March 10, 2012

The most BEAUTIFUL place on earth....next to B.C.

I had to laugh a couple years ago when I heard the American broadcaster oon a certain American TV station declare that the Rocky Mountains made a beautiful backdrop to Vancouver during the 2010 Olympics.

What he was actually referring to was the Coastal Mountain range, because the Rocky mountains are a good 9 hour drive East from Vancouver.  You can't even see them from here.

I have posted a few videos of British Columbia - we all know how beautiful it is here....and it's reputation precedes it.




What you might not know, is that Alberta is just as beautiful.  Because the Rocky mountains run along the B.C./Alberta border, not only does Alberta have the prairie beauty - but they also have the mountain beauty.

I have relatives there....in Calgary, Vulcan, Edmonton, Medicine Hat and various other assorted small towns scattered about the province.

That's the province my Grandmother and Grandfather immigrated to in the 1920s - from the Netherlands - and where my R.N. Gramma worked as a Midwife.

Watch the video.  It really shows off some of the pretty countryside in Alberta!  There is more to Alberta than the Stampede and prairies!

4 comments:

Cheyenne said...

What?! There's MORE to Alberta than the Stampede & prairies? ;)

Thanks for sharing!

Cartoon Characters said...

Cheyenne! You know it! ;)

kevel88 said...

Still like BC better!?!?

k-fro

Cartoon Characters said...

You Bet K-fro!! :)