When I was younger, I was a voracious reader. It didn't matter what I read - if there was print on a page - I would read it.
I had read the whole "Lion, Witch and Wardrobe" series before grade four and was already delving into science fiction and historical tomes by seventh grade. No "romance paperbacks" for me!
I still love to read, but I have adjusted to electronic stuff as of late, although I still believe there is nothing better than the smell of a freshly printed page. (Yes, that's me, sniffing books in Chapters!)
Then you run into a blog that *really* stands out.
You know, the one that compels us to go back to the beginning of their blog and read every single post in order - end to end.
Check this blog out:
"What makes you think I have cats?" - authored by Betsy*.
Honest to God, I was sitting in my little office space on my breaks yesterday - laughing so hard that I was disturbing my co-workers. I just couldn't help it. I don't often howl out loud whilst reading, but Betsy really has The Gift.
If you are having a bad day, this blog is guaranteed to cheer you up. Something like watching "Seinfeld". Actually, it's a LOT like "Seinfeld". Betsy transforms her ordinary office life into a sitcom. There are actually a lot of parallels to the world of nursing. Very clever writing. Check out the "horoscopes". Where does this come from? I wonder at the imaginations of people who write this stuff.
Mostly, I read nursing and nursing student's blogs, but occasionally I come across a blog that is so witty... I can't get enough. I want her to write more. Yes, this one is that good.
Gee, I love good writing. *sigh*
It's like eating a peanut butter and cucumber sandwich. Crunchy, fresh and flavorful, with a sprinkle of sugar - it has you wanting more.
* I found Betsy's blog via "It's Always Something" - Lois Sterns - another great writer, who was mentioned in Head Nurse's blog, which is, by the way - the other blog I read from end to end like a book...
5 comments:
Hey, what a generous post, right there. Thanks so much; this made my week, and possibly, my year!
thanks for the blog hookups...I always enjoy a good read too :)
Funny that you are from the same area as my daughter's room mate.
Small world huh??
Betsy: Why, thanks for dropping by! Really? It made your year? You know u are a great writer, right?
Babyrndeb: It sure is a small world!
Thanks for passing this along-I'll check it out!
I'm like you too, and love the smell and feel of new books. I received an e reader for Christmas and took it back! I was so overjoyed to have a gift card with a good chunk of cash on it to just buy books!!
yes - nothing like the smell of a *real* book...
Post a Comment