Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Tapestry

Religion is man-made. Faith is personal. 

I would say I am spiritual.  Faith is a private thing and I am comfortable with what I have,  unencumbered by the rituals and restrictions of the four walls of a building.

I think a lot on what goes on in this world of ours,  the people that perished in the 2004 Tsunami, and then again with the Earthquake last year shortly after New years.  I think of my friend that was killed when his plane went down......and another friend who died years before him in the same way. 

I just couldn't understand the why of it all. 

It was explained to me that Life is like a Giant Tapestry hovering above the Earth.  All we see from our point of view is the underside.....the loose ends, the mish-mash of colors - and no matter how much we try to decipher it - there is no pattern whatsoever.  From where we are, we can't see any design or meaning in the work at all.  In fact, you could almost say - it's ugly.

On the other hand, The Master Planner is sitting above it....looking down on a beautifully woven picture that is complete and makes sense.  All the colors come together to form something that is breathtakingly wonderful and flawless and beautiful. 

I suppose one day, like Danny, we will get to see the whole picture and finally understand.

Meanwhile, born yesterday, there is a beautiful little baby girl- Danny's great-niece and his namesake,  arriving 16 years to the very day Danny made his trip to heaven....a gorgeous, beautiful little bit of  perfection,  Heaven-sent as a reminder that there is some Good on this Earth after all.

6 comments:

Frazzled-Razzle-RN said...

How beautiful, I just have never heard it this way before, with the tapestry of life and all, I mean I've heard the phras before but haven't explained like this before. Thanks for the different perspective CC.

Cartoon Characters said...

when i first heard it, it made sense to me. Better than getting all bitter over all the bad crap that happens in life. :)

After all. Life is short enough as it is.... :)

The Nerdy Nurse said...

Of course there is good, otherwise,why would be doing all this?

Life is good, there are bad things that happen, but overall this world is a good place. We have to look for the good, and attempt to see past the bad.

Cartoon Characters said...

NN: I agree. Overall the earth is a good place> It's all in the outlook... :)

Writings on the wall said...

Beautiful..

Cartoon Characters said...

thanks! :)

Take heart that there is meaning in everything!